Dear Residents and Families,
We have good news to share about outdoor visiting options starting Tuesday, June 23, 2020. Thanks to you, our staff, and community, we are managing the risks of COVID-19 well at Potter Ridge.
As a result, the Minnesota Department of Health has provided guidance on visiting in our outside areas. Indoor visits will continue to be limited to essential health care personnel and compassionate care situations for now. Look for a survey to arrive soon asking your feedback about moving into this next stage of visiting.
Here are the details of our Outdoor Visiting program:
- The Outdoor Visitation Schedule link is posted on our website potterridge.com, our Facebook Page, or you can visit the schedule directly by going to the following link https://bit.ly/outdoorvisitation. If you do not have access to the internet, please call Missy Shaleen, Community Life Coordinator at 651-388-1546, Ext. 13 for assistance. Each visitation is scheduled for a maximum of 55 minutes. We are able to accommodate four (4) separate visits at each designated time in attempts to provide all residents an opportunity to see their loved one. We ask that no more than 3 visitors come at a time for a visit.
- When you arrive to Potter Ridge for your visit you will need to look for our designated area located near the South side entrance of our building. There will be a coned area in the two parking spaces by the garage for your schedule visit.
- Each visitor will be required to sign in at the ‘Visitor Check In Table’. The visitor will be asked to sign a waiver to understand the rules and risk of the visit, be required to wear a mask at all times (bring your own), and sanitize your hands prior to the visit.
- To continue protecting everyone from potential virus transmission, we ask that you avoid hugs, handshakes and other physical contact. We also ask that you do not bring any food to share during your visit. Any supplies you bring to your loved one during this visit will need to be sanitized at the check in table and given to a staff member to distribute.
- During your first outdoor visit, we’ll ask you to read a description of the visit requirements, agree to follow those instructions, and accept that there is some COVID-19 risk even in these protected situations. See our Outdoor Visitation Restrictions and Instructions
I understand how difficult this has been for you and your family. We were all asked to prioritize safety during these past few months and the lack of social contact with families was painful.
We deeply appreciate the sacrifices you made to limit the impact of COVID-19 on our community. While the virus will be with us for many more months, we all now know more about how to take precautions like wearing masks, making sure our hands are sanitized or washed, and deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces to prevent COVID-19 from spreading.
Our entire team looks forward to seeing you outside and enjoying our well-earned Minnesota summer days. I will continue to keep you updated on how our COVID-19 protection efforts are going. We are following state and federal guidelines in planning to re-open inside visiting as quickly as we can. For now, we will do everything we can to make your outdoor visits as comfortable as possible.
Thank you again for being partners with us in fighting the COVID-19 virus. Your messages of support, prayers, and patience will not be forgotten. There may be more challenges ahead, and we may need to make adjustments as we roll-out our new Outdoor Visiting program. If you have ideas to make it better, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Community Life Coordinator, Missy Shaleen at 651-388-1546 Ext.13 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of our community.
Angela Budensiek, Executive Director
651-388-1546, Ext. 10